Busy couple of weeks, I am working to get everything together for my next race, tie up loose ends from my previous outing, see if I can get a couple sponsors, and just generally have a lot of “irons in the fire”. Got a chance to get out with the amazing team at Longhorn Racing Academy last week, my parents, and the TPWS crew, came out, it was a blast. This post is going to be me getting my thoughts organized, and trying to get it all written down.
Getting ready for Barber:
- Ordered another set of wheels from Bilt Racing Services, they are such good people,
- They should show up this coming week.
- Need to order another set of tires from Frisby I want to use my contingency certificates
- Need to follow-up and get the order in.
- I booked my travel, need to get it organized for Chris, and LeAnn, who are coming with
- Hotel, Airfare.
- Have to find a panel van/transporter for rent so we can keep all the tools, wheels/tires, and everything stored at the track.
- Need to get racing fuel 101, or better delivered to the track.
- Have to find a carrier to move the car, and all of our equipment (fuel bottles, wheels/tires, and tools (jacks, stands, wrenches, etc..)
- Have to get the outer rim on one of my wheels replaced, and installed
- Need to get with Wrap Dynamics, get the new sponsor logos printed, and put on the car
Getting a couple sponsors
I want to get a marketing campaign going with Longhorn Racing Academy, that tells my story, and shows the journey that others could take, something along the lines of a here are our Graduates: I started with them doing one of their exotic driving experiences, I then attended one of the HPDE’s that they organized, following that I purchased one of their cars :-), I then started taking lessons with Courtney, doing DE’s with PCA, went to Driveway Austin, I joined SCCA, and started going to Track Night in America, drove/drove/drove, took the courses at Porsche Sport Driving School got my PCA license, bought a racecar, and ran my first race at Circuit of the Americas this last month.
The other story that I have is the one regarding my health, I decided in October of 2017 that I wanted to get serious about the racing, and was determined to be competitive, and enjoy myself, so I started a very tough diet (liquids only, 800 Calories a day), and workout regimen. Over the course of the last 6 months, I have lost 94Lbs, I have 6Lbs more to go, and I will be transitioning back to solid foods. I would like to tell this story with the help of my doctor, and the team at Oak Hill Wellness Clinic and involve Nestle Health Sciences.
I want to find someone with experience writing to help me get a bio together, and start putting together my marketing package, as I approach this campaign, I want to provide my expertise around marketing data analysis, with all of the tooling.
Lastly, I am super excited to have had Chris from TPWS drive the car, would love to get him his license so we can start working toward a two-man enduro format, here is his video: